- School Uniform
- School Day
- School Meals
- Parent View
- Reading at Lockwood Primary
- Parents Grammar Guide
What is safeguarding?
It might be difficult to accept, but every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
“the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm - is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.”
Working together to safeguard children (HM Government 2015)
We are supported in our safeguarding by Safeguarding Consultant Mr Peter Davies through an annual SLA.
To see how we ensure that all pupils are safeguarded at Lockwood Primary School, click the following link to view our safeguarding policy: